Installing GNU Robots

Duncan Bayne

Feb 18, 2011, 12:22:21 AM2/18/11
to grc-melbourne
GNU / Linux
-----------

If you're running Ubuntu or Debian, installation should be as simple
as opening a console & running:

sudo apt-get install -y gnurobots

On other distributions, you can build & install from the source, which
is available here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnurobots/

MS Windows / Mac OS X / ...
---------------------------

GNU Robots hasn't yet been ported to other operating systems, but
never fear! You can get going very quickly by running Ubuntu in a
Virtual Machine.

It's quick, easy, and will allow you to run GNU Robots (and try out
Ubuntu) with the minimum of effort. Just follow these steps:

- download VMWare Player from https://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/?p=player
and install it

- download an Ubuntu 10.04 image from http://mirrorhosts.com/downloads/vmplanet/VMplanet-Ubuntu10.04

- open the Ubuntu 10.04 image with VMWare Player

There you have it: your very own virtual GNU/Linux environment. Now
you can install GNU Robots as per the instructions in GNU / Linux
above.

andyg (@geekscape)

Mar 3, 2011, 7:24:54 PM3/3/11
to grc-melbourne
hi All,

On Feb 18, 4:22 pm, Duncan Bayne <dhgba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> GNU / Linux
> -----------
>
> If you're running Ubuntu or Debian, installation should be as simple
> as opening a console & running:
>
>         sudo apt-get install -y gnurobots

Installation on Fedora (or other RPM/Yum based distributions) is just
as easy ...

su -
yum install gnurobots

cheers andyg (@geekscape)

Jeffrey Beu

Mar 4, 2011, 6:43:53 AM3/4/11
to grc-me...@googlegroups.com
I have had troubles linking gnurobots.
I needed to replace LDFLAGS with LDADD in the file src/Makefile.am,
from the tar.gz file downloaded from the gnurobots web site -

sed -i s/LDFLAGS/LDADD/g src/Makefile.am
alocal
automake

After the changes I was able to build and install it.

Jeff