Crash on m

Owen Williams

Oct 13, 2015, 7:49:15 AM10/13/15
to GrazeRSS
Graze rss crashes whenever I try to view any article on Android M. Anyone around who can help fix this?

Travis Tabbal

Oct 13, 2015, 11:13:32 AM10/13/15
to graz...@googlegroups.com
I know. I'm looking at it but there's nothing obvious in the code so I need to use the debugger. I left my laptop downloading all the updates for the dev tools and the android image so I can run it in the emulator. I haven't updated my personal device yet, there's nothing interesting enough to make me want to bother with it right now. For me, the last couple major Android versions have been more bad than good. Quite disappointing.

Hopefully the newer SDK still works alright in Eclipse. If I have to move to Android Studio and get things building in there it will take longer.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 5:49 AM, Owen Williams <yww...@gmail.com> wrote:
Graze rss crashes whenever I try to view any article on Android M.  Anyone around who can help fix this?

Mark Otway

Oct 13, 2015, 12:04:43 PM10/13/15
to graz...@googlegroups.com

I know it might be sacrilege on this list, but I tried the Newsblur app recently and it's come on significantly. The offline support isn't quite as good as Newsblur but it might serve as a stopgap.

Nathan Ring

Oct 13, 2015, 12:12:09 PM10/13/15
to GrazeRSS
A temp fix is, go to settings, synchronization, set offline use to DISABLE. Hope that helps. Was bummed when the app would crash also, think something similar happened for lollipop.

Still my favorite RSS app disabling offline use is a good temp fix till things get sorted.

Travis Tabbal

Oct 13, 2015, 4:33:37 PM10/13/15
to graz...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for posting that disabling offline mode helps. I suspect it has something to do with permission changes on M. I was able to get an emulator running over lunch and reproduce the crash. I'm still not sure what's causing it exactly, but hopefully I'll be able to publish an update soon.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 10:12 AM, Nathan Ring <nate...@gmail.com> wrote:
A temp fix is, go to settings, synchronization, set offline use to DISABLE.  Hope that helps.  Was bummed when the app would crash also, think something similar happened for lollipop.

Still my favorite RSS app disabling offline use is a good temp fix till things get sorted.

Mark Otway

Oct 13, 2015, 5:59:21 PM10/13/15
to graz...@googlegroups.com
While you're at it can you fix the reflow bug while switching to web view, and overhall the entire UI to use Material Design? ;)

Nathan Ring

Oct 14, 2015, 1:55:22 AM10/14/15
to GrazeRSS
Glad I could help a small amount.

Just saw the update for the app on Google play, updated, re-enabled offline use, everything seems to work fine so far.

Rod Nayfield

Oct 14, 2015, 9:13:20 AM10/14/15
to graz...@googlegroups.com

Mark wants a pony, too.

Mark Otway

Oct 14, 2015, 10:45:54 AM10/14/15
to graz...@googlegroups.com
Yes please. And the moon on a stick.

Travis Tabbal

Oct 14, 2015, 11:19:07 AM10/14/15
to graz...@googlegroups.com
That you can have, but you need to steal a shrink ray first...... :)

Owen Williams

Oct 14, 2015, 4:23:46 PM10/14/15
to GrazeRSS
With a recent m update it is working again without the workaround.