Mobile Viewing

J Falcon

Feb 23, 2016, 11:33:18 PM2/23/16
to GrazeRSS
Long time user (back to NewsRob days!), but a non-techie, so forgive me if this is old news. Just recently started getting the following on about 10% of the stories I attempt to read on my phone (Samsung S5, and readers please forgive me for being so behind the times. I'm staying with the Android line while my wife is staying with the iPhone, so maybe in 5 years one of us can communicate with our grandkids, who all ready far exceed our smartphone abilities).

Message received: Formatted for mobile viewing by Google.
Additional message: This page could not be transcribed due to technical issues.

They have a link at the bottom of the page to 'view page directly', but hitting that gets you nowhere (and when I used to do that in few and far between articles, it did go to the source page).

I know it's a Google thing and not GrazeRSS, but have you heard of it, and are you attempting a workaround for the Google madness?

Falcon

Travis Tabbal

Feb 24, 2016, 2:46:43 AM2/24/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com

Sadly, that happens sometimes. The only thing I can think of to try is to attempt to detect it and retry, but that's very unfriendly to the server. There doesn't seem to be much interest in mobile transcoders these days, but they sure are nice for this sort of thing...