Copying GrazeRSS to a new device

Matthew Knipe

Oct 13, 2020, 9:41:59 AM10/13/20
to GrazeRSS
I have GrazeRSS still installed on an old phone and have noticed that it still syncs with Feedly. When I got my new phone I couldn';t get GrazeRSS from the app store, so have got GrazeTEN, which doesn't have Feedly integration working. Is there any way of getting GrazeRSS onto my new phone?

Thanks

Travis Tabbal

Oct 13, 2020, 11:32:44 AM10/13/20
to graz...@googlegroups.com
Well, Google booted it from the App Store without any reason other than the generic "policy". Which tells me nothing at all about what can be done about it. I was going to attach the file here, but it gets blocked for security reasons. I guess that makes some sense. So here's a link to Google Drive. Maybe that will work. It's the latest version I published on the store.

You will need to enable side-loading (Unknown Sources) in security settings and allow the app you download it with to install applications. Recent Android versions prompt you for that.

I had planned to add Feedly to GrazeTEN, but was irritated at the Google nonsense and there didn't seem to be a lot of interest. And I expect Google would still not allow it on the store as it would likely have the same "problem" the other version did. I could just use a different store perhaps or just publish APK files on github or similar.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 7:42 AM Matthew Knipe <matt....@gmail.com> wrote:
I have GrazeRSS still installed on an old phone and have noticed that it still syncs with Feedly. When I got my new phone I couldn';t get GrazeRSS from the app store, so have got GrazeTEN, which doesn't have Feedly integration working. Is there any way of getting GrazeRSS onto my new phone?

Thanks

Sean McCabe

Oct 13, 2020, 11:50:27 AM10/13/20
to graz...@googlegroups.com
I have 2.0.10 installed on my phone running Android 10.  It doesn't have full functionality.  I would love to see GrazeTEN get compatibility with Feedly regardless of where the APK is published.

Rod Nayfield

Oct 13, 2020, 12:50:26 PM10/13/20
to graz...@googlegroups.com
Travis, you are free to pull from my GitHub and add the feedly API key and publish the result.

And if you want to get permission from feedly, I'd be happy to add it and publish.

Matthew Knipe

Oct 23, 2020, 11:10:36 AM10/23/20
to GrazeRSS
Thanks Travis, that's a great help