Feature Request: "Send all pinned" to Pocket

Ace Chandler

Mar 3, 2016, 2:21:36 PM3/3/16
to GrazeRSS
Hi folks/Travis.

I wondered about a feature request that I'd find really useful.

My workflow for "firehose" sites like HackerNews is run though the ~5 or 10% of posts I want to read and pin them in graze, then mark everything else as read. As my Cell signal on my train journey is poor - I generally send the remaining pinned items to Pocket so that it downloads them and I can read them on the way in.

The problem is that I have to send each one individually to pocket. Androids "Share to.." workflow is a little clumsy, so I have to do share, pick pocket from the list and then click it.. maybe 20 times or how every many articles are interesting that morning.

 Would be fantastic if we could have have a 'send all to pocket' menu option. Don't really mind if it's "Send all pinned" - or "send all unread" - hoping that as pocket has a "multi-item" put API that this is easy to wire in.

Might this be possible?

Cheers
--Ace

Travis Tabbal

Mar 3, 2016, 2:23:21 PM3/3/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com
Interesting idea. I can look into it. I've never used Pocket before, so it might take some time, and as you mentioned, their API might be a factor as well.

Mark Otway

Mar 3, 2016, 2:25:48 PM3/3/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com
Doesn’t need to be Pocket specific. Just a ‘share all links’ might work (depends if Pocket will accept a list of links, or just one at a time).

Travis Tabbal

Mar 3, 2016, 3:04:37 PM3/3/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com
Very true. I had a quick look around their developer site. They have some nice API documentation. I didn't see anything about working with their app directly, so I emailed them to ask about it.

They also list a restricted article view API that might provide a better viewing experience for some sites. If they will allow us to use it. It would probably require each user to sign up for a Pocket account and store articles there, but it might be useful.

Alan J Robertson

Mar 3, 2016, 3:15:33 PM3/3/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, definitely a potentially interesting idea - haven't used Pocket in ages but this could be a nice way to do things.

Alan
Sent by Alan J Robertson (a...@alanjrobertson.co.uk)
Tel: +44 (0)7939-558-403

Mark Otway

Mar 3, 2016, 3:17:26 PM3/3/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com

I use the same work flow as Ace, works great in conjunction with twitter for articles too. Plus the pocket mobilizer is as good as the (now broken) instapaper one was.

Rod Nayfield

Mar 4, 2016, 11:02:10 PM3/4/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com

There is an intent called ACTION_SEND_MULTIPLE

as long as they handle it properly, you should be able to send a whole list of URLs to the app.