Not working on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

J Falcon

Apr 5, 2016, 9:24:45 PM4/5/16
to GrazeRSS
You've probably heard this 100,000 times. Brought all apps over from my old phone (S4) to this one via My Backup Pro. All came thru correctly except GrazeRSS. Uninstalled, reinstalled from old phone. When signing in first time, (numerous times) it gives me "log in to NewsBlur" as only option. Did so, then it asks to sync, but nothing comes in. Don't remember NewsBlur as the source of my feeds. Thoughts?

Travis Tabbal

Apr 5, 2016, 10:14:13 PM4/5/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com

If newsblur is the only option, it's a very old version. Please try the latest either from the play store or this forum.

I'm not sure why your backup app had an issue with it. I have used Titanium for years and it always restores properly.

On Apr 5, 2016 7:24 PM, "J Falcon" <falco...@gmail.com> wrote:
You've probably heard this 100,000 times.  Brought all apps over from my old phone (S4) to this one via My Backup Pro.  All came thru correctly except GrazeRSS.  Uninstalled, reinstalled from old phone. When signing in first time, (numerous times) it gives me "log in to NewsBlur" as only option. Did so, then it asks to sync, but nothing comes in.    Don't remember NewsBlur as the source of my feeds.  Thoughts?

Joe Estes mobile device

Apr 5, 2016, 10:15:40 PM4/5/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, I'll try immediately, I miss it!

Sent from my phone
Joe

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GrazeRSS" group.

Joe Estes mobile device

Apr 5, 2016, 10:24:52 PM4/5/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com

Doh!  Now works perfectly after getting the version from the store. Thanks as always Travis!

Sent from my phone
Joe

Mark Otway

Apr 6, 2016, 3:02:49 AM4/6/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com
Been running on my S7 edge for a few weeks with no problems….

This is one of the problems with using a backup/restore, rather than a clean install - you carry all the cruft across from your old phone too!

Alan J Robertson

Apr 6, 2016, 3:24:19 AM4/6/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com

Phew, shortly moving from S6 to S7 and this would have been a deal breaker if GrazeRSS hadn't been available!!

A.

Joe Estes mobile device

Apr 6, 2016, 9:18:35 AM4/6/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com

Only negative.  S7 doesn't have the IR blaster, so can't use it as a TV/Bluetooth/other remote, why they took that off I don't know.  Agree with deal breaker if GrazeRSS wouldn't have worked! Still had time to return!

Sent from my phone
Joe

Joe Estes mobile device

Apr 6, 2016, 12:32:10 PM4/6/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com

Alan & Mark, know you've both been around forever; Travis, assume you have too.  Anyone ever hear from Mariano?

Eternally grateful for his startup and then Travis continuing the march forward.

Sent from my phone
Joe

Travis Tabbal

Apr 6, 2016, 12:47:50 PM4/6/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com
Not for a while. He was on the mailing list at the beginning, not sure if he still is. It was good of him to allow the project to go open source. It would be a bummer to lose the app completely.

Alan J Robertson

Apr 6, 2016, 1:24:38 PM4/6/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com

Agreed, top chap for doing that. Occasionally see posts on Google+ I think? Or maybe Instagram, can't remember which!

I never really used the IR blaster function on the S6, found the Samsung software too bloated and tried to disable a lot of it!  Dual SIM for my S7 though which could be handy.

A.

Joe Estes mobile device

Apr 6, 2016, 1:34:05 PM4/6/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com

Have normal setup for TV (box, DVD, receiver, and more), and was always losing the remote somehow (how in the world did out end up once in the fridge - that's rhetorical...don't answer!).  Found I never lost my phone, so became defacto remote when needed.  Sigh, those days are gone.

Samsung will probably bring it back for S8, but then remove the SD card again!  They can't make us too happy, well expect it every time!

Sent from my phone
Joe

Mark Otway

Apr 6, 2016, 2:13:25 PM4/6/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com

Just get an Amazon fire stick and then control the TV without IR....

I see Mariano occasionally on Facebook, but he's mostly out riding his bike and enjoying life these days.

Joe Estes mobile device

Apr 6, 2016, 2:31:14 PM4/6/16
to graz...@googlegroups.com

Sigh, riding bike, enjoying life.  Would he consider adoption?  ;-)

Thanks for the stick advice.