Adyar, Cooum River Restoration

Gray Face of India

Nov 21, 2013, 7:11:58 PM11/21/13
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
This is one of the main project that we started. To know what's already been done on this: please refer this post: http://grayfaceofindia.in/2013/02/10/cooum-and-adyar-rivers/

Please post suggestions / ideas here, on what can be done, in this thread.

Saiyasodharan R

Nov 21, 2013, 7:50:32 PM11/21/13
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com, grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have an idea of creating a Interactive infographic to neatly represent loads and loads of information that we got from various departments regarding Adyar and Cooum Rivers.

Rough Sketch:

Why a Infographic?
It will be much attractive than 100 bulleted points, narrating the status. Quick, Important meta-data can be shown in popups, on user focus (mouse hover) on interested areas.

The infographic will be a node graph, explaining the date of launch of 8 RTIs to major TN departments concerning the adyar and cooum rivers(at the center) and their responses, our communications followed up as trees.

As a first step, I sketched the node graph in paper, with only a few metadata (to add more like Name, once digitized) like
1. Date of Communication
2. Type: Forward / Reply / Others
3. Designation involved

We got a separate paper, where we listed the gist of each and every communication in a line or two, highlighting just the facts and figures.

What need to be done?
  1. The same layout need to be done as a SVG Vector Art (probably using Adobe Illustrator or any Vector tools).
  2. Once the SVG is ready, I shall script it and add user interaction.
PS: Of course, the information given here is not complete and clear. If anyone is interested and have the required skill set, please pitch in. I will explain more either over phone or we shall meet in person.