2015-04-25 - Traffic violation video Project - Meeting Minutes

Saiyasodharan R

May 3, 2015, 1:58:27 AM5/3/15
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends,

Bunch of thanks to everyone for coming :)
We had a wonderful 2 hour discussion on Saturday morning on our Traffic Project.

Attendees were
  1. Arun Prasad,
  2. Ganesh Janarthanam,
  3. Gowtham,
  4. Saraswathi,
  5. Alexander,
  6. Venkatesh,
  7. Rajesh Guna,
  8. Tamilvanan,
  9. Saiyasodharan.
Agenda was as follows:
  1. We started with self Introduction.
  2. Story of our project from the start, obstacles faced and current status. More @
    1. http://grayfaceofindia.in/2013/05/an-attempt-to-fix-traffic-violations/
    2. http://grayfaceofindia.in/2013/10/an-attempt-to-fix-traffic-violations-part-2/
    3. http://grayfaceofindia.in/2014/07/traffic-violation-portal-vision-zero-for-india/
  3. Original Plan to approach media, if no action is taken from police side on reaching our milestone of 1000 videos.
  4. Unexpected surprise contact from ToI, followed by the news article in the paper.
  5. Discussion on 30L Signal maintenance RTI to CTP.
  6. Departmental Insights and experience sharing by Venkat sir.
  7. Discussion on related projects by other NGOs including Model Signal, TAC, etc.,
  8. Traffic Violation Portal - A online system to automate the whole process and scale it up to national level - http://grayfaceofindia.in/modules/traffic/
Action Items:
1. Meeting higher officials
  * Sai to prepare a letter that summarizes our project idea, efforts taken till date, expected action to be taken by police side by 28 April.
  * Team to review it and finalize it by 29 April.
  * Venkatesh sir to get appointment with either Joint Commissioner or any Deputy Commissioner (Traffic).
  * Sai and Venkatesh to meet the official and try pushing things from inside the department. (Rishi will also join)
2. Video Team:
  * Alexander, Hitesh, Venkatesh, Ragav, Gowtham would be joining the Video taking team.
3. Analyze Process:
  * Arun, Ganesh, Sonia, Saraswathi would continue with violation identification of existing videos.
  * Sai to add more volunteers to `Analyze` team.
4. Complaint Filing:
  * Pavithra will continue filing the complaints every month.
5. Traffic Violation Portal (TVP) Development:
  * Ashok joins Rajesh in development of front end of TVP.
  * Tamil and Sonia would start with mobile app development by May 1st week.

Please revert back, If I missed anything.

BTW, we have a whatsapp group where we discuss on the project occasionally. Those who are not in the group, please ping me to9952998132, I will add you there.

Let's join hands and make Chennai roads safer (y)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
 - Margaret Mead