Traffic violations - no use of no entry sign boards

venky Chennai

Feb 26, 2014, 7:34:45 AM2/26/14
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com

I have been commuting via choolaimedu regularly. The traffic condition is pathetic in and around choolaimedu signal junction. (This junction connects to and fro vehicles from nelson manikam road, chetpet, choolaimedu high road, and sterling road)

 Vehicles coming from Loyola College crossing the subway and heading to nungambakkam railway station are taking U turn immediate before signal, which is a no entry. Where as Motorists coming from chetpet had to take left turn and a U turn to reach nelson manickam road. Inspite of no right turn to proceed to chetpet bridge, vehicles turn to thier right as if their is not sign board or probably may understood no entry is "always entry for them". If this is being the case, there are chances of traffic blockage caused by the wrong entry motorists. Motorists freely come and go on wrong side creating utter chaos.

 The problem of wrong side driving has increased during recent times, causing danger and inconvenience to road users (especially women commuters and school children those who walk to reach nungambakkam railway station)

 SAME is happening in and around kodambakkam flyover too.

Who else can enforce the law if traffic police officials themselves could not? It is really paining and quite sad to see that police officer's not enforcing the law and keep watching the offenders.

This has been happening for long time. Can we organize an awareness campaign similar to "Traffic Awareness Campaign held @ Ramapuram". How we can we take this dicuss and take it forward to the next level.

Saiyasodharan R

Mar 4, 2014, 9:44:03 PM3/4/14
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Venky,

You right worded:
Who else can enforce the law if traffic police officials themselves could not? It is really paining and quite sad to see that police officer's not enforcing the law and keep watching the offenders.
Its not just `really paining and quite sad`, its Frustrating.

Regarding the Traffic Awareness Campaign, it is completely organised by Mr. Azhagar Senthil, with inner support from Police themselves. We will check with him, If he could help us in doing a similar activity in Chetpat, Kodambakkam.

Meanwhile, we are trying to get information on exact roles and responsibilities of the police officers in each zone, and once we got the data, we could approach them directly and speak on this possibly.

You shall check information from,

But as you can see, the information give is not complete and we are to find a First Appeal in a couple of day regarding the same.

Will update once we get enough data / after discussing with Azhagar Senthil sir..

Jai Hind !