RTI Generator nominated in Hackathon in Mumbai - Need a person in representing GFoI in Hackathon

Subhash Gandhi

Feb 13, 2014, 2:55:47 PM2/13/14
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We submitted a proposal for development of mobile version of our Online RTI Generator for a Hackathon in mumbai and our idea got selected.

The Hackathon is to be held tomorrow (saturday) and it is required that some representative from us should attend the event and provide guidance to the developers / hackers. Though participation in person is not mandatory, it is highly recommended.

If anyone in Mumbai or anyone has contacts in Mumbai could support in representing Gray Face of India in the hackthon, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks :-)

Subhash Gandhi

Feb 20, 2014, 4:10:46 PM2/20/14
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Surprise.. Our Proposal got 1st Prize in Mumbai Hackathon.. Received mail from Codeniti today. Quoting their mail here:

Hi Guys,
Thank You For being a part of the Codeniti's Hackathon For Good initiative on 15th Feb.
The hackathon was extremely successful and we were glad that nearly 70+ developers gathered together to find a solution to 15 problems of 10 NGOs from Mumbai.

Here are the results of the Hackathon:-

1: First prize: Team Gray Face of India.
    This team made a complete working prototype of a RTI generator for Android mobile platform for the Gray Face Of India NGO. This mobile app can generate the pfd version of the RTI form and would be mailed to the user.
 The source code for the app is made public and can be found at the codeniti github repository at following link: https://github.com/Codeniti/rti_mobile

2: Second Prize: Team Karmayog
    This team solved the problem of Karmayog NGO of mailing the subscriber list of 70,000 users and came up with a solution to setup mailman on the amazon cloud.

3: Third Prize: Team Help-Chain
    This team made a windows phone app on the concept of Dr.Harshit - building an app to pledge for something good and sharing it and inspiring other people. There is a wroking prototype of this app ready which the team made in 10 hrs and can be found at the following github link: https://github.com/Codeniti/help-chain

Besides these three teams all other 12 team did really good and came up with some solution of the problem statements presented, if the teams are guided properly and given some time those prototypes can be developed and deployed in working environment.

The event pictures, project details and github links can be found at the following link.

All the solution which were made on the day of event can be found at the codeniti repo if Github https://github.com/Codeniti

If you wish to take it further with the teams which was working your projects, we would be happy to connect you to them and facilitate.

Please provide us the feedback and your comments for our testimonial section.

Thanks you for making this event a success. We hope to be seeing you again.

We will build the App this weekend and release the APK here.. If its good to for usage by General Public, we shall put it in Google Play Store

Jai Hind !!!