Adyar Serive Road - Encroachment

Gray Face of India

Nov 11, 2013, 2:09:36 PM11/11/13
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

This is one of the action item, that we decided to take up and resolve in our Marina meeting.

Problem:
`Service road` in Adyar being used as Parking space by Honda showroom and Sri Krishna Sweets, thus affecting free flow of traffic.

Our Suggestion on what to do:
  1. Take photos of the situation.
  2. File complaint with Traffic Police (In my opinion, minimum of 4 people can file complaint)
  3. Wait for a month. If its cleared, then awesome.
  4. Otherwise, file a RTI enquiring on the status of complaint, permission request from Honda / Sri Krishna to use public road as parking space, notice / ordered passed by Traffic Police for the same request, etc., which we will neatly draft later.
  5. Purse with RTI, Appeals, hoping for the right thing to happen !!!
Immediate Requirement:
  1. Someone please come forward and take ownership of this issue. Others can kindly co-ordinate.
Please provide your valuable suggestions.

Thanks :-)

Gray Face of India

Nov 11, 2013, 2:19:06 PM11/11/13
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com, grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Same moves can be done with Corporation of Chennai also, I guess. Since they also resolve traffic issues. Can someone confirm on this?

and this document can be used as a template to draft this complaint. Unfortunately, we only have scanned copies, which is not editable.

Alex Raj

Nov 12, 2013, 3:37:29 PM11/12/13
to Gray Face of India
Yes, the Corporation is also liable to take action on encroachment on public roads and footpaths.
We can approach both of them simultaneously.

Regards,
Alexraj

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 12:49 AM, Gray Face of India <grayfac...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Same moves can be done with Corporation of Chennai also, I guess. Since they also resolve traffic issues. Can someone confirm on this?

and this document can be used as a template to draft this complaint. Unfortunately, we only have scanned copies, which is not editable.

Saiyasodharan R

Nov 30, 2013, 3:03:37 AM11/30/13
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com, grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Babu prepared a pre-operation RTI to enquire on the status of the service roads, before we could file a complaint. Here is the link to the RTI:

Please check and provide feedback. We will be filing all the RTIs in pipeline probably by Monday.

Saiyasodharan R

Dec 8, 2013, 1:30:45 PM12/8/13
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com, grayfac...@googlegroups.com
A RTI to enquire on the usage of Service road in adyar is filed last week:

  1. Name, Designation and Mobile Number of Traffic Police assigned to the mentioned area to regulate traffic.

  2. Number of complaints received regarding the traffic congestion in same place during last one year.

  3. Certified copy of Documents related to the action taken on above complaints.

  4. Number of Traffic Violations and cases booked in the same place in last one year. Babu: please scan and mail me the doc, once you filed it, along with the India post receipt :-)

Saiyasodharan R

Jan 19, 2014, 12:07:38 PM1/19/14
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com, grayfac...@googlegroups.com
We received the required information from Adyar Traffic Police. Linking the scanned copy of the reply here:

After consulting with Babu, we will take required steps and keep things updated..