Time period for filing second appeal under section 19(3) of RTI Act 2005

waseem anwar

Jan 9, 2015, 12:52:32 AM1/9/15
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
Greetings of the day!!

Need an expert advise on RTI second appeal time period as it been very catchy did not understand from where i shall start my 90 days as it stated in section 19(3)  "a second appeal shall lie within 90 days from the date on which the decision should have been made or was actually received"

I request kindly provide me some case law judgement and from where it will presumed 90 days.

Looking forward the reply at earliest as possible!!!

Thanks & Regards
Waseem

Subhash Gandhi

Jan 11, 2015, 10:02:44 PM1/11/15
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Waseem,

Let's say you apply for First Appeal on Jan 1st, which reaches FAA by Jan 3rd.
FAA should make his decision and revert back by Feb 3rd at the max (date on which the decision should have been made).

So you can apply for Second appeal on any day from Feb 3rd to May 3rd (90 days from Feb 3rd)

waseem anwar

Jan 20, 2015, 12:35:14 AM1/20/15
to grayfac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a ton Subash ji