Flying Saucer Evap-o-tron 2010

Chip

Aug 24, 2010, 11:35:57 AM8/24/10
to Gray-B-Gon
Hey, everyone-

The Flying Saucer Evap-o-tron will be at the Karma Chickens camp this
year (2010), somewhere near 7:30 and Baghdad. Look for the large
conduit dome with multi-colored panels.

It will be an interesting test of the system this year. We expect
about 30 people in our camp!

The Karma Chickens will be offering "Power and Water Tours" on Weds.
9/1 and Fri. 9/3 from 11am to noon, where we'll demonstrate and
explain our solar array, storage batteries, and inverters, and the
shower and evaporator. If you can't make those times, come by the camp
anyway and ask for Chip. If I'm there, I'll be happy to show you
around.

Other KC events (Tai Chi classes, acoustic music jams, felt eyeball
crafting, swing dance lessons, bar nights - something for everyone!)
can be found at: http://plunk.org/karmachickens/#activities

Have a great burn - hope to see you there!

Chip

herbsb...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2013, 12:58:22 PM7/31/13
to gray-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, everyone,

I'm responsible for making our MINSTREL CrAMP grey water disappear (Live Acoustic Music-6 & H)   I have decided to pursue the electric pump version for the following reasons:

Simple Mechanical Structure and least effort to fabricate.

Ease of Transportation.
I'm very knowledgeable in Batteries and Solar, and have basic knowledge of pumps.
MINSTREL CrAMP has about 800W of solar on-line, although much less available for pump 'when the jam session starts'.

I have one important question for which I cannot find an answer!  How many GallonsPerHour does the pump have to deliver? Is there any performance information available regarding flow rates Vs. 'making the grey water disappear'.

Thanks for replies/assistance/help with this.

Herb in Ventura CA