Fwd: Pasture Walk tomorrow! - Waupaca County

Bouressa, Rachel

May 12, 2021, 7:31:33 PM5/12/21
to GrassWorks: Ask-a-Grazier

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Bouressa, Rachel <rachel....@goldensandsrcd.org>
Date: Wed, May 12, 2021 at 6:24 AM
Subject: Pasture Walk tomorrow! - Waupaca County
To: <central-wisco...@googlegroups.com>

Good day!

I'm hosting a "pop-up pasture walk" tomorrow evening - how fun, right?!
This will be a casual event and kid-friendly.
Just a chance to walk, talk, and share observations.
Hope to see you, bring a friend, let's talk grazing!

When: THURSDAY, May 13th from ~5:00pm - 7:30pm (ish)
Where: Bouressa Family Farm, N3775 Ritchie Rd. New London, WI 54961
What:  Some of the things that we'll be discussing and looking at -->
- Basic fence and waterline set ups.
- Forage measurement techniques/demo
- "Diversity buffer strips" -   I've been leaving strips between paddocks to see the effects of longer rest periods.  Interesting stuff.
- You can see first hand the pitfalls of tall fescue, and why it's best to avoid.
- What's going on with the krazy kura field this year?
- Out wintering area recovery
- ESCH Drill DEMO
- Any other grazing related topics...

Please RSVP if possible, food will be provided (grass fed beef most likely) 😉👍

Let me know if you have any questions at all!
Rachel

IMG_20210510_193021186.jpg

--

Rachel Bouressa
Grazing Planner

Golden Sands is a 501(c)3 regional conservation non-profit working to make Central Wisconsin a better place to live and work through cooperative efforts.

Clean water, healthy forests, abundant wildlife and sustainable agriculture. We can help you with that!