Livestock on the Land

Gene Schriefer

Jan 27, 2021, 9:09:57 PM1/27/21
to GrassWorks: Ask-a-Grazier

Livestock on the Land is a story by Practical Farmers of Iowa about the ways that farmers are building a regenerative agriculture by centering their operations around the animals they care for. Whether it's through rotational grazing or cover crops or fertility for crop fields, livestock hold the key to protecting our soil, cleaning up our water and even providing habitat for wildlife. But most importantly, livestock give farmers a chance to get started, grow businesses, provide for their families, work together, and ultimately, bring back the next generation to start it all over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xBDr_a1C2s

Gene Schriefer   😷

Ag Educator

Extension

UW-Madison

Dodgeville, WI  53533

(608)930-9850

“There are two ways to be fooled.   One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”   ~ Soren Kierkegaard

The University of Wisconsin-Madison Division of Extension provides affirmative action and equal opportunity in education, programming and employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, gender, creed, disability, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital or parental, arrest or conviction record or veteran status

Diane Mayerfeld

Jan 28, 2021, 10:20:46 AM1/28/21
to grassworks-a...@googlegroups.com

Forwarding on behalf of Gene Schriefer:

Full length movie from Practical Farmers of Iowa that was just released