FW: Pasture Walk near Zumbrota Aug 13

Alex Romano

Aug 9, 2021, 12:38:45 PM8/9/21
to grassworks-a...@googlegroups.com

From: Alex Romano <aro...@landstewardshipproject.org>
Date: Friday, August 6, 2021 at 9:03 AM
To: Brian DeVore <
bde...@landstewardshipproject.org>
Subject: Pasture Walk near Zumbrota Aug 13

Forward this message to a friend.

Image

Dear Brian,

  Can farmers grow forage potential and be financially viable when adding a third crop rotation of diverse warm-season annuals?

Come join us for a Land Stewardship Project (LSP) pasture walk event on August 13th with

Zach Knutson of Knutson Shorthorns to explore just that and more!

Event Details:

  • The event is from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Registration begins at 4:45, rain or shine.
  • The farm is located at 46998 170th Ave Zumbrota MN 55992. Look for LSP event signs!
  • Topics to be covered include grazing diverse summer annual forage crops in a corn/soybean rotation, converting cropland to pasture, planting specialty crops into existing pasture, and for the cattle-lovers, use of Arrowquip chute for handling
  • Dinner will feature a beer-braised brisket, courtesy of our host, accompanied by potluck-style side dishes and desserts. So, don't forget to bring something along to share! Water and milk provided.
  • This event is FREE and open to the public.

To RSVP by August 11th, please visit https://landstewardshipproject.org/events/item/1650

For more info or questions, please contact LSP's Alex Romano at 641-220-6000 or aro...@landstewardshipproject.org

Hope you can join us!

Alex Romano

641-220-6000

e-mail

Meat the Farmer:

Knutson Shorthorns is operated by third and fourth generation family farmers in Pine Island, MN. Historically a dairy, Shorthorns were added in 2011 as an integral part of a low input, rotational grazing regenerative farming and direct beef operation.

Our goal is to establish a multi-faceted farming operation where each piece has a specific role to play in the sustainability and efficiency of the entire farm. We plan to plant more perennial crops and utilizing cover crops for fall/spring grazing. Recently we planted parcels of highly erodable soil to a perennial pasture mix to help expand our land base while sequestering carbon/building soil in those spots.

Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy