Fencing Clips for Wood Posts

1 view

Drew Carlson

Jan 18, 2021, 6:55:06 PM1/18/21
to grassworks-a...@googlegroups.com
Hey Everyone,

I just came across this Aussie product for attaching wire to wood posts. Thoughts?

Drew

amy fenn

Jan 18, 2021, 7:56:47 PM1/18/21
to Drew Carlson, GrassWorks: Ask-a-Grazier
Oooh new gadget!  For a wood post it seems like a large barbed staple would probably accomplish the same job at less cost, though if one is driving a lot of them a drill might be easier on the arms than a hammer.  My professional fence-guy (30+ years experience) says that for hotwire on a wood post a screw-on plastic insulator will outlast and be more reliable than "black-tubing" insulation like in the Aussie product photo, and that if a screw-on insulator does fail it will be easier to detect and replace than the black tubing.

Ben Jenkins

Jan 19, 2021, 10:31:59 AM1/19/21
to greenvi...@gmail.com, Drew Carlson, GrassWorks: Ask-a-Grazier

I second Amy on this one.  I prefer the plastic pin in insulators.  A quarter inch impact and a couple decking screws is all it takes.

Ben Jenkins

Agricultural Educator

Green Lake County

571 County Road A