Impacts of climate change on grazing systems

Diane Mayerfeld

Mar 11, 2021, 3:00:32 PM3/11/21
to grassworks-a...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

The Wisconsin Initiative on Climate Change Impacts is a partnership between UW-Madison and the DNR to pull together the science on how climate change affects Wisconsin.  WICCI issued a report in 2011, and is currently working on putting out a new report later this year.

I am on the Agriculture working group for WICCI, and we are interested in including a section on the effects of climate change on grazing - and the potential role of grazing in mitigating climate change impacts.  I figure this group has a lot of collective knowledge on that issue.  Can you let me know if you are interested in helping brainstorm content for that section?  If you can get back to me by next Wednesday, then I will try to figure out an initial meeting date.

Thanks!

Diane

--
Diane Mayerfeld
Sustainable Agriculture Coordinator, UW-Madison, Extension