[PublicLab] Question: Legalities of 'map-knitting' in Australia (#24692)

1 view

notifi...@publiclab.org

Oct 4, 2020, 8:21:33 PM10/4/20
to notifi...@publiclab.org

Public Lab contributor aviceda just asked a question entitled 'Legalities of 'map-knitting' in Australia':

Help them by posting an answer here: https://publiclab.org/questions/aviceda/10-03-2020/legalities-of-map-knitting-in-australia

I am recently-retired photogrammetrist (type of cartographer) but would like to create a small-income, so am investigating the use of drone-footage and 'open-source utilities' like 'Map-Knitter'. I purchased a very useful UAV last week and have been taking footage of the properties of friends (...with their permission, of course.) but wonder what are the 'obstacles' in posting similar types of public mapping-material for 'general-access'? Basically how will I stand 'legally' if I do this without consent of the 'municipalities'?

You received this email because you are subscribed to some or all of the following tags: australia,mapping,question:general,general,first-time-poster,law.

Subscribe to all the tags for this post by visiting https://publiclab.org/subscribe/multiple/tag/australia,mapping,question:general,general,first-time-poster,law.

Report spam and abuse to: moder...@publiclab.org

Check out the blog at https://publiclab.org/blog | Love our work? Make a one-time or recurring donation at https://publiclab.org/donate If this email title has an ID in the format #0000, you can reply with the email you use at PublicLab.org and your response will be posted as a comment on the website.