Eclipse Setup For GraphWalker

Dilli Babu J

Nov 7, 2020, 12:22:55 PM11/7/20
to GraphWalker
Hi All,

I am just getting started with graphwalker. And i keep getting one or the other error with while opening any of 'graphwalker-example' projects. Below is the most recurring one :

'Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.graphwalker:graphwalker-maven-plugin.....'

is there is specific eclipse setup that we have to do for opening graphwalker projects ?? appreciate if you can point to any setup guide or help in understanding this issue. Thank you.

Environment Details :
Apache Maven 3.6.3 (cecedd343002696d0abb50b32b541b8a6ba2883f)
Maven home: C:\Maven\apache-maven-3.6.3\bin\..
Java version: 1.8.0_242-release, vendor: JetBrains s.r.o, runtime: C:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio\jre\jre
Default locale: en_IN, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 10", version: "10.0", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

Eclipse IDE for Java Developers
Version: 2019-06 (4.12.0)
Build id: 20190614-1200

Kristian Karl

Nov 9, 2020, 10:29:37 AM11/9/20
to GraphWalker
Hi,

It's been a while since I worked in Eclipse. Importing the example project as a maven project should work out of the box.
Does the example project work from the terminal?

Best Kristian

Dilli Babu J

Nov 9, 2020, 10:50:39 PM11/9/20
to GraphWalker
Yeah Kristian, from terminal it seems to be working fine. But I am having a hard time trying to open with Eclipse. Tried with and without GW4E, no luck.

Kristian Karl

Nov 10, 2020, 2:44:02 AM11/10/20
to GraphWalker
Great that it works from the terminal :-)

I downloaded eclipse and tried it out. Imported it as an existing maven project, however I got the same problem as you. Strangely enough I got the petclinc example to run, from eclipse, but the model implementations sources still showed errors. It seams to me that the maven integration in eclipse is no that seamless and intuitive.

Maybe  someone here with eclipse knowledge knows how to deal with this problem? I switched to IntelliJ long time ago because of problems like this in Eclipse.

Best Kristian

Jijesh Ganapathy

May 8, 2023, 2:36:05 AM5/8/23
to GraphWalker
I'm facing issue with the Installation of Graph Walker Eclipse Plugin...!! GW4E 4.0.0 Snapshot plugin ..
Getting error with and without Market Place

Kristian Karl

May 8, 2023, 3:53:45 AM5/8/23
to GraphWalker
For GW4E issues ask the https://gw4e.github.io/ project directly please.