[GraphSync] MySpace

Baker

Dec 19, 2007, 5:24:32 AM12/19/07
to GraphSync
Working on modifying an old MySpace spider to provide hCard, XFN, and
APML views into a MySpace profile.

Link: http://examples.dtbaker.com.au/view/myspace_spider

Chris Saad

Dec 19, 2007, 5:42:23 AM12/19/07
to GraphSync
Great to hear Baker - look forward to it

Baker

Dec 19, 2007, 6:42:46 PM12/19/07
to GraphSync

Chris Saad

Dec 20, 2007, 7:20:24 PM12/20/07
to GraphSync
This is fantastic :)

What are your other plans for it?

Will you be open sourcing it and linking it from the wiki?

David Baker

Dec 20, 2007, 8:18:52 PM12/20/07
to grap...@googlegroups.com
On Dec 21, 2007 10:20 AM, Chris Saad <chris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is fantastic :)
>
> What are your other plans for it?
>
> Will you be open sourcing it and linking it from the wiki?

Sure, was going to wack it on the Wiki when it could do something a
little more impressive.

All the code should be available from here:
http://examples.dtbaker.com.au/view/myspace_spider

Other plans: maybe try and calculate the type of friendship between
people based on their friend position and the number of comments back
and forward. That would make a XFN output a little more useful.

I'd like to get my head around APML too, ideally have a tool that can
convert an entire myspace profile into open standards.
I'm not even sure if the data on a myspace profile would be enough for
APML? I'll do some more reading over the holidays.

Dave