maximum traveltime for calculation of shortest paths

Christoph Franke

Aug 8, 2012, 7:10:12 AM8/8/12
to graph...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to set a maximum traveltime to stop the calculation of the shortest paths if it is exceeded?
I found out, that you can pass a parameter called maxtime to the function shortest_path_tree (pygs). Is that what i'm looking for and if it is, what does the values in this variable represent, seconds?
I'm new to graphserver, i just picked up the work of my predecessor. We have to calculate shortest ways between various cells connected by public transports in quite large areas. The calculations take very long, so maybe ignoring vertices that are not reachable in an acceptable traveltime would help to speed them up.

ps: just posted this some minutes ago, but it didnt appear in the overview of this group
sorry if i doubleposted

Brandon Martin-Anderson

Aug 8, 2012, 2:30:36 PM8/8/12
to graph...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christoph,

Yes, try fiddling around with maxtime.

-B

Christoph Franke

Aug 14, 2012, 7:15:12 AM8/14/12
to graph...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Brandon,

tried to play around with maxtime, but it doesnt seem to have any effect on the calculation, mintime doesnt neither. I sped up the code another way, so its ok.