Bug in parsing oneway tag in Graphserver

Avi Flamholz

Jul 30, 2012, 12:26:15 PM7/30/12
to graph...@googlegroups.com
I'm using graphserver to get some approximate driving directions and I noticed that the handling of the OSM 'oneway' tag in gdb_import_osm.py is buggy (around line 56). I'm documenting the problem here in case anyone else wants to fix it for their own use (or someone wants to patch the existing code).

The problem is twofold.
1) The only tag values that are considered to indicate one-wayness are 'yes' and 'true'. However, a number of other values (including '1' and '-1') also indicate that a way is one-way.
2) oneway='-1' means that the directionality should be reversed.

This means that graphserver gets onewayness wrong for at least 33 ways in Manhattan and driving directionality wrong for at least 19.

More details on the OSM website

Brandon Martin-Anderson

Jul 30, 2012, 12:45:13 PM7/30/12
to graph...@googlegroups.com
I did not know that, about the -1 thing. Thanks!

-B