Tracking people's motion patterns, to authenticate their identity

Narayanan Selvaraj

Jan 23, 2014, 4:03:51 PM1/23/14
to graph...@googlegroups.com

I'm tracking people's physical movements in a given area, using Mobile GPS and averaging their long periods of travel time data as a single pattern. I measure the data from each user in the same area which consists of latitude, longitude and time. From the collected data, we knew each and every user has their own way of travel pattern.

Question 1: I am thinking to compress this data, using a Douglas - poker algorithm, as they deal with spatial-temporal data for compression or can I have any suggestions?

Question 2: I want to use the resultant data as an authentication factor to prove that each and every individual has their pattern who travels in the same area. How can I do that?