graphserver database schema?

charles

Jan 12, 2013, 6:04:02 AM1/12/13
to graph...@googlegroups.com
can i ask the database schema graphstructure creates? what each table and column represents.

Andrew Byrd

Jan 14, 2013, 8:43:41 AM1/14/13
to graph...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Which database are you interested in, the GTFS database or the graph
database?

-Andrew

On 01/12/2013 12:04 PM, charles wrote:
> can i ask the database schema graphstructure creates? what each table
> and column represents.

Timothy Wu

Jan 19, 2013, 7:27:12 AM1/19/13
to graph...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

Maybe we should write some documentation of this in the home page at http://graphserver.github.com/graphserver/ ?

There is also a mistake in the command there at least that should be fixed.
(gs_gtfsdb_build should be gs_gtfsdb_compile)

Timothy

Stefan de Konink

Jan 19, 2013, 7:27:03 AM1/19/13
to graph...@googlegroups.com
On 01/19/13 13:27, Timothy Wu wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Maybe we should write some documentation of this in the home page at
> http://graphserver.github.com/graphserver/ ?
>
> There is also a mistake in the command there at least that should be fixed.
>
> (gs_gtfsdb_build should be gs_gtfsdb_compile)

See the number of pull requests on github that should address that. Now
someone should step in as maintainer.

Stefan

Brandon Martin-Anderson

Jan 19, 2013, 10:53:17 AM1/19/13
to graph...@googlegroups.com
Someone should!

-B

Michael Frumin

Jan 19, 2013, 1:02:53 PM1/19/13
to graphserver

Someone should also configure this Google group so that all messages come with a prefix eg "[GrapgServ]" like every other Google group, so that when scanning one's inbox one can easily see what messages are from this list.

Thanks,
Mike

Timothy Wu

Jan 21, 2013, 3:15:24 AM1/21/13
to graph...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 8:27:03 PM UTC+8, Stefan de Konink wrote:
On 01/19/13 13:27, Timothy Wu wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Maybe we should write some documentation of this in the home page at
> http://graphserver.github.com/graphserver/ ?
>
> There is also a mistake in the command there at least that should be fixed.
>
> (gs_gtfsdb_build should be gs_gtfsdb_compile)

Where is the page hosted at anyway? I can't seem to find it in the two project hosted under
https://github.com/graphserver.

I have some grasp of what the Python code (but not much the C part) is doing under the hood as far as the procedures currently documented on that page goes (there seems to be other historical commands and codes that are scattered here and there where the execution does not step into in my experimentation). I would be willing to make a little contribution in the documentation and maybe the Python code base but I am inexperienced about the open source contribution procedure (GitHub and Git).

Andrew Byrd

Jan 21, 2013, 10:05:49 AM1/21/13
to graph...@googlegroups.com
I think this is using "Github pages" hosting, so it's in the gh-pages
branch of the graphserver/graphserver repo.

-Andrew