زمان رونمایی ویندوز 8

Sahand Mokhtari

Oct 22, 2012, 6:13:59 PM10/22/12
to graphic-zanduni-...@googlegroups.com

Windows 8 release date is october 26, Is it good for Microsoft to launch it in iPhone month?

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 by Rayyan

Microsoft has announced the release date of its next generation of PC and tablet operating system. Windows 8 will be released on 26th Oct 2012. To put it in very simple words a lot is dependent on Windows 8 as for as Microsoft is concerned. They have shown a very bold and aggressive attitude towards building their next generation of Windows, something that we have not seen for so many years from Microsoft. Windows 8 will be the first operating system that will run on both laptops and tablets at the same time. Microsoft is planning to release two different versions of it. One will be RT based and other will be based on legacy x86 based. The first one will be exclusive for tablets while the second one will try to leverage both worlds. This recent resurgence of Microsoft is heavily dependent on Windows 8 and they are putting their hearts out there to make this a success.

Windows 8 release date is october 26, Is it good for Microsoft to launch it in iPhone month?

It all seems good and you can start counting the days to see perhaps the next big thing but what’s with that release date. In October… seriously, the same month of the year when world expects the next version of iPhone. Is it a good business decision?

Without taking anything away from Microsoft – and I certainly happened to be a good admirer of Windows 8 – but lets face it iPhone is perhaps the most popular and demanded gadget that there is for last few years. It has made Apple what it is today and that is a huge statement. Good or bad the world is crazy about it and it has a huge fan base. Because of its popularity it gets the biggest coverage in tech world. Every year people wait for October to get to see the next iteration of iPhone. It is still July and we hear at least one new rumor about the new iPhone 5 – already.

On the other hand Windows 8 – no matter how good its reviews are – is yet to release and how a common user will respond to it remains to be seen. It will still be chasing customers either from Android or iOS. So releasing it in a month when everyone will be talking about the new iPhone is definitely seems to be a risk but apparently Microsoft has took that risk already. I am not going to pass a judgement call on this. All I can say is that good or bad it is certainly a bold business decision – another one from Microsoft.

What do you think about their decision? Let us know in comments.