RemotingChannel sends two messages instead of one

Maxim Kopeyka

Feb 17, 2016, 7:55:12 AM2/17/16
to Granite Data Services Forum
Hi,

I send a message with additional headers but Granite java client sends own remote message before my message. What the goal of such behavior?

Examle:
    amfChannelFactory.start();
    RemotingChannel channel = amfChannelFactory.newRemotingChannel(GRANITE_CHANNEL_NAME, new URI(GRANITE_SERVICE_URL), 2);
    RequestMessage pingMessage = new PingMessage();
    pingMessage.setHeader(Message.DS_ID_HEADER, "nil");
    pingMessage.setHeader("DSMessagingVersion", 1);
    pingMessage.setTimestamp(0);
    pingMessage.setTimeToLive(0);
    channel.send(pingMessage).get();

Lasha K

Mar 21, 2016, 9:41:42 AM3/21/16
to Granite Data Services Forum
GraniteDS, as far as I know, has some internal messages (e.g. they are named as CommandMessages) that it is using for supporting Comet-like mechanism. Such messages like
flex.messaging.messages.CommandMessage#SUBSCRIBE_OPERATION
flex.messaging.messages.CommandMessage#LOGIC_OPERATION
flex.messaging.messages.CommandMessage#CLIENT_PING
so I assume that you are facing one of them. A raw guess will be:flex.messaging.messages.CommandMessage#CONNECTION_OPERATION or flex.messaging.messages.CommandMessage#CLIENT_PING