License FAQ #1: Why Should I Purchase A Commercial License?

Franck Wolff

Jan 23, 2014, 7:27:37 AM1/23/14
to gran...@googlegroups.com
Introduction

Starting with GraniteDS 3.0 we have changed our business model and you can now purchase commercial licences for the most advanced features of our platform. We are stating with this post a series of FAQ about our new licensing options with the aim of helping you understand why and how you can purchase one of our commercial licenses.

-- Start Of FAQ #1 --

Which software is released under the dual GPL 3.0 / GraniteDS SLA licenses?

The core functionalities of GraniteDS 3.0 are released under the LGPL 2.1 license, which is a widely used and permissive license. The following advanced bundles are released under the GPL 3.0 license:

  • Advanced Flex Library: granite-client-flex-advanced-3.0.1.GA.swc and granite-client-flex45-advanced-3.0.1.GA.swc.
  • Advanced JavaFX Library: granite-client-java-advanced-3.0.1.GA.jar and granite-client-javafx-3.0.1.GA.jar.
  • Advanced Android Library: granite-client-java-advanced-3.0.1.GA.jar and granite-client-android-3.0.1.GA.jar.
  • UDP Real-Time Libraries: granite-server-udp-3.0.1.GA.jar, granite-client-java-udp-3.0.1.GA.jar and granite-client-flex-udp-3.0.1.GA.swc.
If you use any of these libraries and if you don't purchase the corresponding commercial license, your project must be released under the GPL 3 license (or a compatible open-source license). This implies, among other things, the obligation to publish the source code of your project.

The only other option is to purchase one of our commercial license: under the terms and conditions of the GraniteDS SLA, we basically grant you the right to keep your source code proprietary and to release your software under a license of your choice.

How Can I Purchase Your Commercial License?

Browse our commercial license section, choose the right license according to your needs and fill out the order form. You will then be redirected to PayPal, where you can pay with a credit card or a PayPal account. When we receive your payement confirmation, we will email you an invoice and a personalized copy of the purchased agreement.

Don't worry, pricing is inexpensive, filling out the order form and entering your payement information is fast and easy!

So Why Should I Purchase A Commercial License?

Because you help us keeping GraniteDS a successful open-source project: we play fair with open-source, we allow the open-source community to use freely our software. But if you keep proprietary your software, we ask you to contribute to our efforts.

-- End Of FAQ #1 --

Thank you for your time,
The GraniteDS Team.

Kevin Condon

Jan 27, 2015, 10:01:06 AM1/27/15
to gran...@googlegroups.com
All 3 of the license links return a 404 error page. I can find no way on granitedataservices.com to get information about your commercial licensing or pricing. This is in spite of the appearance that GraniteDS is an active project, and a potentially very useful one at that. Color me baffled.

Kevin

Mike Robinson

Jun 16, 2015, 1:12:04 PM6/16/15
to gran...@googlegroups.com
Me too. There are numerous links like that.