HD streaming and h264 encoding possible?

Nicholas Stees

Apr 23, 2012, 11:51:16 AM4/23/12
to granicus-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Group,

It is time for our city to 'face lift" our web video section of the website. This part of the website has not really been updated and was in place before my employment. Currently we are using and embedded windows media player for the live stream. But I was wondering if Granicus offers a way to stream content in an HD resolution (or close to) or h264 because now a days Internet Explorer and WMP are not the majority any longer. I was poking around Granicus's list of "customers" but everyone seems to still be using this old technology (Windows Media stream at like 320x240).

Does anyone know of if Granicus is capable of delivering HD content? And an example site of someone streaming content which is not Silverlight or Windows Media dependent?

Thanks,
Nick

Javier Muniz

Apr 23, 2012, 12:48:26 PM4/23/12
to <granicus-developers@googlegroups.com>, granicus-...@googlegroups.com
Hi nick,

Yes, we have h264 capability available right now and are rolling it out to clients as quickly as possible. Because it involves transcoding and encoder changes, it isn't an instant upgrade.

The best thing to do would be to contact your account manager. They can tell you whether or not new hardware is required and set everything up for you.

If you have any issues feel free to ping me and I will help out.