Great Lakes Leadership Academy seeks applicants

Andy Knott

Jul 26, 2013, 9:50:50 AM7/26/13
to christ...@macd.org, ks...@torchlake.com, bl...@leelanaucd.org, benz...@benziecd.org, a...@rivercare.org, hvans...@nmc.edu, jo...@glcm.org, ha...@mlui.org, bree...@msu.edu, tke...@schoolship.org, kal...@michigan.gov, Gou...@michigan.gov, glen...@gtrlc.org, bpr...@theconservancy.com, sa...@ecoseeds.org, brus...@nrec.org, jva...@liaa.org, gazin...@hotmail.com, an...@bayarearecycling.net, akn...@gtbay.org, jennife...@gmail.com, msm...@rotarycharities.org, birde...@gmail.com, mo...@gtrlc.org, pow...@ecoseeds.org, Br...@mlui.org, do...@msu.edu, ma...@gtrlc.org, J...@mlui.org, bew...@rotarycharities.org, pri...@liaa.org, kathle...@mi.usda.gov, Brett....@gtbindians.com, grandvisio...@gmail.com, whit...@torchlake.com, jj...@gtrlc.org, jdj...@charter.net, cbal...@cablespeed.com, mful...@gmail.com, grand-vision-na...@googlegroups.com, mhe...@theconservancy.com, richardtc...@yahoo.com, tcwhit...@yahoo.com, monicas...@charter.net, thegrandvis...@gmail.com, ctej...@copper.net, rno...@traversemagazine.com, Kel...@americanwaste.org, janie...@nwm.cog.mi.us, ccri...@gtcd.org, k...@taar.com, tstu...@gtcd.org, dur...@michigan.gov, lwco...@yahoo.com, rachael...@tnc.org, jstr...@gtcd.org, Ri...@grassriver.org, 4cathy.m...@gmail.com, scot...@nwm.cog.mi.us, Ellen Kohler, po...@anr.msu.edu

Dear Grand Vision Natural Resources Network Members:

See the news release below for a great opportunity for natural resources leadership training thought the Great Lakes Leadership Academy.  Several of our colleagues have participated in these programs, including Steve Largent, Todd Kalish, Christy Roman and me, and we can all attest to its value.  And the Rotary Water Committee has a $500 scholarship available to help cover tuition!

Please consider!

Thank you,

Andy

7/22/2013

Great Lakes Leadership Academy seeks applicants

EAST LANSING, Mich. – The Great Lakes Leadership Academy (GLLA) is seeking individuals to apply for either the 2014 Emerging Leader Program or the 2014-15 Leadership Advancement Program. The Academy is dedicated to helping develop the next generation of leadership for communities and the food systems, agriculture, natural resources, manufacturing and environmental sectors of Michigan. It is conducted by staff of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources at Michigan State University along with business and public sector partners from the state.

The Leadership Advancement Program (LAP) is designed to bring together leaders from diverse audiences and expose them to critical issues associated with the sustainability of Great Lakes communities along with innovative, equitable and inclusive approaches for addressing those issues. The LAP is designed for seasoned leaders seeking to enhance their impact on Michigan. The LAP consists of 12 sessions over 18 months and includes an international experience providing participants the opportunity to learn from the successes and challenges of another country dealing with similar issues.

The Emerging Leader Program is delivered over a seven month period, with three four-day sessions.   Focus is on developing individual and organizational leadership skills and applying those skills in a collaborative fashion.  The program provides classroom-based and experiential learning and is designed to provide an understanding of individual and organizational behaviorParticipants also develop advanced communication and conflict management skills designed to help them become more effective leaders.

Christy Roman, a recent graduate of the leadership advancement program from Northwest Michigan speaks highly of her experience in the GLLA; “The Academy gave me an opportunity to reflect on my life and challenged me to think about my legacy as a leader.  One of the most valuable lessons I learned is if you listen deeply even the most difficult situations will reveal possibilities.”

Applications are being accepted now through September 30, 2013 for the 2014 Emerging Leader Program and the 2014-2015 Leadership Advancement Program at www.glla.msu.edu. Partial scholarships are available from GLLA for both programs to help offset the cost for those with demonstrated need.   Questions should be directed to Vicki Pontz at pon...@msu.edu, phone 517-432-8685.

To learn more about GLLA programs or find an application, visit www.glla.msu.edu.

###

Andy Knott

Executive Director

The Watershed Center ~ Grand Traverse Bay

13272 South West Bay Shore Drive

Traverse City, MI 49684

voice: 231.935.1514, ext 1

fax: 231.935.3829