Growth & Investment Meeting, Monday, July 11th from 10am-12 Noon

Nigel Griswold

Jun 30, 2011, 2:49:38 PM6/30/11
to nigelg...@nwm.cog.mi.us

Dear Growth & Investment Network Stakeholders,

This month we will have a very exciting, interesting and informative meeting. The following are highlights (please see the agenda for further info):

·         Final Reporting from 2010 Community Growth Grantees (If you are a 2010 Community Growth Grantee attendance is required)

·         Announcement of the 2011 Growth Grant Program – number of grants available, deadlines, etc.

·         Community Placemaking Guidebook Updates

·         Placemaking Action Subcommittee Updates

·         Updates on relevant issues with the new Grand Vision website and the 2011 Grand Vision Event

·         Further discussion of Regional Loan Fund Availability

Please join us to learn more about exciting growth and investment opportunities in the region!

Also, as many of you may already know, I will be stepping down from my position as a Regional Planner at the Northwest Michigan Council of Governments at the end of August this year. As many of you may also know, my wife is a farmer from the Chelsea area in Southern Michigan. We have been recently offered a family opportunity we cannot refuse to take on a centennial farmstead in that region. I plan to continue as the “off-farm income” and am currently pursuing community economic development and placemaking strategies at the regional, state and national levels. Given that Northwest lower Michigan is my home region and I am passionately connected to the critical work of the Grand Vision and the Growth and Investment Network, I am working hard to continue my connectivity to these activities.

Regretfully, this ultimately means I will be passing down the duties of convening the Growth and Investment Network of the Grand Vision. Please understand that the Northwest Michigan Council of Governments stays strongly committed to the Grand Vision and convening the Growth and Investment Network after my departure. Also - rest assured, I will do whatever I can to continue attending meetings and help acclimate my successor to the goals, strategies and history of our network.

Please be in contact if you have any questions or concerns about our monthly meeting or the forward movement of Growth and Investment Network objectives.

Best,

Nigel

Nigel G. Griswold
Regional Planner
Northwest Michigan Council of Governments

PO Box 506

Traverse City MI 49685-0506

nigelg...@nwm.cog.mi.us

P: 231.929.5056

F: 231.929.5012

nwm.org / twitter / Facebook / Linked in / YouTube

cid:image019.jpg@01CB9202.C3E5D380

image001.jpg
GV Growth-Inv Packet 7-11-11.pdf