Register Now for the Northern Michigan Placemaking Summit!

Nigel Griswold

Dec 29, 2010, 12:06:05 PM12/29/10

Dear Stakeholders in the Northern Michigan Economy,

On March 1st, 2011, NWMCOG and several strong Northern Michigan and statewide partners will be hosting the, “Northern Michigan Placemaking Summit: Investing in Our Cities, Villages & Commerce Centers.” Online registration is now open (http://nwm.org/placemaking.asp), and hard copy information and registration brochures are in the mail. An electronic copy of the brochure is attached to this email which contains agenda, registration and other information details.

This groundbreaking event will offer opportunities to:

·         Tap directly into the strategic framework for economic development within Governor Rick Snyder’s new administration.

·         Learn more about local success stories and placemaking strategies in our regional cities, villages and commerce centers.

·         Increase local access to professional economic development and planning capacity.

Speakers Include:

·         Bill Rustem, recently appointed Chief Strategist to Governor (elect) Rick Snyder;

·         Dan Gilmartin, Executive Director of the Michigan Municipal League;

·         Fred Kent, Founder and President of the Project for Public Spaces.

Two breakouts sessions will contain several relevant and timely placemaking topics for registrants to participate in, as well as a valuable plenary session focused on regional resources that can help local government and partnering stakeholders increase their access to professional economic development and planning capacity.

Many thanks to the catalytic environment of the Grand Vision and Grand Vision Growth & Investment Network and the W.K. Kellogg Foundation for the resources to build the capacity to coordinate the strong partnerships needed to make this exciting regional event possible.

Please be in contact if you have any questions or concerns regarding the Summit, and we hope to see you there!

Have a great New Year everyone!

Best,

Nigel

Nigel G. Griswold
Regional Planner
Northwest Michigan Council of Governments

PO Box 506

Traverse City MI 49685-0506

nigelg...@nwm.cog.mi.us

P: 231.929.5056