The Power of 10 Placemaking Strategy

1 view

Nigel Griswold

Mar 10, 2011, 12:28:57 PM3/10/11
to nigelg...@nwm.cog.mi.us

Dear Growth & Investment Network participants,

Please take a few minutes to review the following webpage that covers the “Power of 10” Placemaking strategy: http://www.pps.org/articles/the-power-of-10/

At our next meeting, we will be discussing this concept and how it will impact the direction of our ‘Elements of identification’ process, which has identified the potential growth and investment centers in our region. Using the data found in earlier surveys which have identified our potential growth centers in the region (in accordance with Grand Vision principles), the Northwest Michigan Council of Governments is in the process of creating a community survey and community involvement process which will help identify the 10 best places in each community, and opportunities associated with them. We will also query what people believe are the 10 best places in our region, and where potential opportunities exist to make other great places to be.

I’m looking forward to our conversation on Monday, March 14th from 10a.m.-Noon in the Steelcase Room of the T.C. Chamber Building.

Best,

Nigel

Nigel G. Griswold
Regional Planner
Northwest Michigan Council of Governments

PO Box 506

Traverse City MI 49685-0506

nigelg...@nwm.cog.mi.us

P: 231.929.5056

F: 231.929.5012

nwm.org / twitter / Facebook / Linked in / YouTube

cid:image019.jpg@01CB9202.C3E5D380

image001.jpg