James Hansen and the Arguments for Cap and Dividend

Robert Marshall

Nov 27, 2015, 4:59:34 PM11/27/15
to Doug McInnis, Mary Tonneberger, Peter Wolcott, jo walker, Jim MacInnes, Ann McInnis, Grand Vision-Energy, Susan Wheadon, Stephanie Mills, Skip Pruss, Mary Skrocki, Sarah Litch, Jane Packard, Russ Packard, Elizabeth Del Buono, Elizabeth Dell
Hi,
I thought it would be a good idea in this pre-COP21 time, build up for the Paris World Environmental Conference, to provide a discussion from James Hansen, one of the principal backers of the Carbon Cap and Dividend (CCD) methodology, which needs attention at this Conference.
CCD is the approach endorsed by Citizens Climate Lobby (CCL) represented by Elizabeth Dell and Elizabeth Del Buono in our area.
I believe that this is a simple, workable way to get control of the CO2 load which endangers our planet and its warming.
I also provide the web site for Hansen in case you would like access to other writings he has provided in the past.
These are worth careful reading.

Bob M.

Robert Marshall
nm...@charter.net
Festina Lente

"We need to move
from our human-centered
to an earth-centered
norm of reality and value."  Thomas Berry

Robert Marshall

Nov 29, 2015, 10:57:20 AM11/29/15
to Ann McInnis, Doug McInnis, Mary Tonneberger, Peter Wolcott, jo walker, Jim MacInnes, Grand Vision-Energy, Susan Wheadon, Stephanie Mills, Skip Pruss, Mary Skrocki, Sarah Litch, Jane Packard, Russ Packard, Elizabeth Dell, Elizabeth Del Buono
Hi Ann,
Yes, you’re  right.
My mistake on both counts.
Must have been the martini.
I’ll send a correction to all cc.
See Ann’s note below.
Bob
On Nov 28, 2015, at 6:40 PM, Ann Doug McInnis <admc...@cccwifi.com> wrote:

I thought CCL promotes carbon FEE and dividend...not carbon cap....a big difference.  Have they changed their promotion???  Hansen too endorses CARBON FEE and DIVIDEND unless he has changed. Ann

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.  We were in Chicago not only for Thanksgiving but to celebrate our daughter's wedding.