Matt's "Questions on Intelligence" thread on NuPIC-theory mailing list

Rob Freeman

Jun 5, 2015, 11:20:13 PM6/5/15
to grammatical-i...@googlegroups.com
This forum has been dead for eight years. But the issues which motivated its creation eight years ago still apply. In software distributed models of meaning have begun to have a small literature, particularly "Neural Probabilistic Language Models" from Yoshua Bengio starting about 2004, and a small vector compositional literature starting about 2007, but a complex systems perspective is still missing, and the focus in the new Deep Learning community remains on learning, belying the unlearnable assertions of grammatical incompleteness.

Recently Matt Lind started a thread "Questions on Intelligence" on the NuPIC-theory mailing list. Since NuPIC-theory is philosophically opposed to too much top down theorizing, particularly top down theorizing motivated from an analysis of language, I propose to move some of the language motivated further discussion here.

Matt's original post on NuPIC-theory was as follows:

A continuation of that thread is as below: