[Gramine] Are there plans to support other TEEs?

Oliver Soptq

Jan 18, 2022, 11:22:38 AM1/18/22
to us...@gramineproject.io
Hi there,
I just tried out some of gramine's examples with Intel SGX, and it works perfectly. So I am writing to ask if there are plans to support other TEEs (e.g. AMD PSP, ARM TrustZone, etc.) in the future? Thanks for you and your team's wonderful contributions to the trusted computing realm!

Yours sincerely
Soptq

Dmitrii Kuvaiskii

Jan 19, 2022, 2:27:54 AM1/19/22
to Oliver Soptq, us...@gramineproject.io
Dear Oliver,

From what I know, there are currently plans to support only Intel TDX
in the future. I am not aware of anyone in the Gramine community
working on AMD PSP, AMD SEV, ARM TrustZone, etc.

Having said that, I'd like to note that supporting other TEEs is a
matter of adding a new PAL (Platform Adaptation Layer). This is a
serious task, but it is certainly doable. We would welcome
contributions that create new PALs, e.g., for AMD SEV.
> --

Yours sincerely,
Dmitrii Kuvaiskii