how is everyone doing on their projects?

Warner Onstine

May 17, 2011, 3:05:44 PM5/17/11
to grails-startup...@googlegroups.com
Just thought I'd prod everyone to see how you're doing, how are your
projects doing?

As for mine, things are going fairly well, we are adjusting our target
a bit (if you're interested I'm glad to share). Have way too many
player requests to keep up (which is a good thing ;). We are now
beginning to focus on the biz side of things for how to actually start
bringing in money so that i can make this my full-time gig.

For more on my project you can go here: http://thmp.in

-warner

t.dave

May 19, 2011, 2:06:27 PM5/19/11
to Grails Startup Support Group
hey warner, thanks for prodding, i hope others weigh in as well.

we're starting to get press, and were recently featured on wired.

http://bit.ly/mh467J

now need to capitalize on that and subsequent press to further artist
signups and get that whole "traction" going. :)

dave

Warner Onstine

May 19, 2011, 2:16:48 PM5/19/11
to grails-startup...@googlegroups.com
Nice! Keep it up!

-warner

Steve Good

May 19, 2011, 7:36:00 PM5/19/11
to grails-startup...@googlegroups.com
We are just a few months from going from beta to full release. Marketing guys are going full steam ahead and it looks like we may have another license agreement in hand this week.

I only recently joined the startup I'm with but it's very exciting to work on a project who's focus is improving workflows.

Sent from my iPhone

Dominic Patmore

May 19, 2011, 7:37:30 PM5/19/11
to grails-startup...@googlegroups.com
I'm still incubating with mine, and as most of it will be internal, I'm not sure what the benefit will be; however, I'm excited about potentials and being to wear the hat of developer/BA/QA

Warner Onstine

Jul 20, 2011, 4:17:43 PM7/20/11
to grails-startup...@googlegroups.com
I'm about to do a more public launch of our project - http://thmp.in
at the beginning of Aug. and then the real fun begins as we start
testing more hypotheses and seeing how people start to use our game
:). Lots to do after the launch (with a mobile-friendly redesign).

-warner

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Mengu <whal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> any updates people? i'm about to reach to the end with mine. :)

Dominic Patmore

Jul 20, 2011, 5:41:35 PM7/20/11
to grails-startup...@googlegroups.com
Wow-that's pretty cool!

I've hit a snag on my projects, but maybe good snags in a way.

One project, for a sports academy has kinda soured, and even though I wanted to finish a few other features to make it more useful to other people, I'm just going to make it an internal app for them, and rewrite a second version.

Another app I actually started in groovy, but realised it would only be good for developers so I'm making a more friendly webby version :-)

As for my own site, a coming soon page should be up by the weekend. :-)

David Trattnig

Jul 25, 2011, 6:33:14 PM7/25/11
to grails-startup...@googlegroups.com
The Human Mosaic Project sounds interesting. Curious to see more when it launches.

david

Chris Sterling

Jul 28, 2011, 3:21:28 PM7/28/11
to Grails Startup Support Group
We have had a great time using Grails on our product AgileEVM
(http://www.agileevm.com/). We have been in production with a public
SaaS version and customers using our Enterprise SaaS version since
August of 2010. We have been quite happy with Grails and are finding
more and more reasons to like the platform for our product needs.

We are now going through a name change to Agile Advantage which was
spurred from potential customers and partners. We have mostly been
focusing on this and our customers (and potential customers) lately.

Chris Sterling
VP of Engineering
AgileEVM, Inc.
www.AgileEVM.com
email: ch...@agileevm.com
twitter: @csterwa
linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrissterling

** Check out www.AgileEVM.com to see how Agile Portfolio Management
can support your strategic decision-making today!

On Jul 25, 3:33 pm, David Trattnig <david.tratt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Human Mosaic Project sounds interesting. Curious to see more when it
> launches.
>
> david
>

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Warner Onstine <warn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm about to do a more public launch of our project -http://thmp.in
> > at the beginning of Aug. and then the real fun begins as we start
> > testing more hypotheses and seeing how people start to use our game
> > :). Lots to do after the launch (with a mobile-friendly redesign).
>
> > -warner

Dominic Patmore

Jul 28, 2011, 5:28:01 PM7/28/11
to grails-startup...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good!
I'm just about to launch my website, but it would be nice to have a 'powered by Grails' button. Does anyone have-or can locate-one?

Dominic Patmore

Jul 30, 2011, 8:49:42 AM7/30/11
to grails-startup...@googlegroups.com
I've got a question:

Are you guys using containers to deploy your apps, or simply the one built in the grails war? I'm trying to use jetty as my container, and it's causing me all sorts of grief. What are your guys' deployment platforms?

Dom

Tomas Lin

Jul 30, 2011, 10:12:56 AM7/30/11
to grails-startup...@googlegroups.com
You should never deploy with the built-in container. That's for
development only.

For our projects, we use Tomcat with an Apache instance in front.
Cloud solutions like Elastic Beanstalk from Amazon and CloudFoundry
also use Tomcat instances. Unless you absolutely need to, I would
suggest using Tomcat as well as there is more information out there
for it.

Dominic Patmore

Jul 30, 2011, 10:45:58 AM7/30/11
to grails-startup...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tomas-I've used CF for a different project, but I'm doing some browser testing, which is why I'm taking this approach. I've got back to TC, and I'll see what progress I can make with that.

Dom