development methodology?

Warner Onstine

May 19, 2011, 2:26:44 PM5/19/11
to grails-startup...@googlegroups.com
I've recently started looking at using Kanban (or Scrumban) as our
primary method of development.

Curious if anyone else here has used this?

Some links to chew on if you don't know what I'm talking about:
http://www.agileproductdesign.com/blog/2009/kanban_over_simplified.html
http://leansoftwareengineering.com/ksse/scrum-ban/

Books:
http://www.amazon.com/Lean-Software-Development-Agile-Toolkit/dp/0321150783
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/scrumban---essays-on-kanban-systems-for-lean-software-development/4098141

Love to hear others thoughts on Scrumban.

-warner

Steve Good

May 19, 2011, 7:33:15 PM5/19/11
to grails-startup...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. I'm going to do some more reading but it looks like a really nice fit for what I'm working on.

Sent from my iPhone

Dominic Patmore

May 19, 2011, 7:36:26 PM5/19/11
to grails-startup...@googlegroups.com
It seems I only answered this in my mind.

I'm using Agile as my development methodology. I'm having to adapt to apply to myself as a sole man, but I'm finding it helpful to communicate with the clients. At the moment it seems that I'm more teaching them how Agile works, but the more I do it is the more they seem to appreciate the value of crafting software. Plus, with the constant visibility, it gives a sense of reassurance.