Brilliant resource for startups!

tinny

Dec 10, 2010, 7:08:48 AM12/10/10
to Grails Startup Support Group
Hi All

I have a Grails built startup thats currently baking. (In the
maintenance management space)

Like everyone here im learning fast and im always on the lookout for
creditable sources of information to help me grow. A brilliant
resource that ive become addicted to is "This week in startups"

http://thisweekin.com/thisweekin-startups/

You really should check it out, its more business focused than
technical, but IMHO this is exactly what technical people like us
need.

Anyone else here have a resource like this that they couldnt do
without?

t.dave

Jan 6, 2011, 12:54:53 PM1/6/11
to Grails Startup Support Group
finally getting around to checking out that site and it looks very
cool. will have to investigate further.

a resource that i always recommend is the book "founders at work" by
jessica livingston (of YCombinator fame). i bought copies for both of
my startup co-conspirators and they loved it. it's something i plan
to read multiple times as i feel i will get different things out of it
based on what stage i'm at in my entrepreneurial development.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1430210788?ie=UTF8&tag=choicetrax06-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1430210788

dave

Warner Onstine

Jan 6, 2011, 1:00:03 PM1/6/11
to grails-startup...@googlegroups.com
Founders at work is an awesome book. I also recommend:
The Entrepreneurs Guide to Customer Development - http://custdev.com
and a new one I got for XMas was Business Model Generation which looks
very good as well -http://www.businessmodelgeneration.com/

w-arner

Tomas Lin

Jan 7, 2011, 6:23:47 AM1/7/11
to grails-startup...@googlegroups.com
I've been reading Do More Faster: TechStars Lessons to Accelerate Your
Startup. It has many interesting insights about building products and
getting a minimal viable product out.

http://www.amazon.com/Do-More-Faster-TechStars-Accelerate/dp/0470929839

Dom

Jan 7, 2011, 5:54:37 PM1/7/11
to Grails Startup Support Group
Great topic!
As a startup, the one lesson I'm trying to apply is 'don't give up
your day job'. Unfortunately, what I find happening is that work
consuming much of my time, and doesn't leave much to 'my-business'
time. Do any of you find these resources helpful in creating that
valuable start-up time?

Mengu

Jan 8, 2011, 11:19:52 AM1/8/11
to Grails Startup Support Group
i'm facing the same exact problem. I really would appreciate some
suggestions.