Security Bug in Grails GWT Plugin

confile

Mar 23, 2014, 5:23:24 PM3/23/14
to grail...@googlegroups.com

I found a security bug in this plugin. The output ouf this plugin is compiled to the grails projects

web-app
> gwt

folder. The gwt folder contains the following folders:

> yourprojectname
> WEB-INF

The WEB-INF folder should not be accessible from a browser. It turns out it is. You can access files which are inside this folder.

This should be fixed.

confile

Apr 5, 2014, 5:21:27 PM4/5/14
to grail...@googlegroups.com
Still no one cares about that?

Ismael Hernández

Apr 6, 2014, 8:05:35 AM4/6/14
to grail...@googlegroups.com

Good morning,

My version of gwt plugin is 0.7.1, my gwt generated files are not in the folder WEB-INF/ , instead of this I get the output in /gwt
As far I remember I didn't need to change any config file.

Inside of my folder /gwt I also have a folder WEB-INF/ but not with web.xml or classe, inside of this WEB-INF I have static htmls files, inside a folder called symbolMaps.

I hope this information helps you

Best regards
Ismael

--

---

confile

Apr 6, 2014, 9:06:16 AM4/6/14
to grail...@googlegroups.com
No it does not help that is what I wrote I have.