Is Grafx2 compatible with drawing tablets?

Szabo Medard

Nov 29, 2021, 7:48:16 PM11/29/21
to gra...@googlegroups.com
Hello sir/madam! I am a big lover of your fine art program. I am interested if it is compatible with drawing tablets.

Rainer Hoefs

Nov 30, 2021, 3:01:13 AM11/30/21
to GrafX2
Hi, yes!
I'm using it under WinME with a Wacom 18X12 Tablet with pen and digitizer, but GrafX2 is not pressuresensitive
Also under Win10 with an Huion 1409 with pen.
On a Lenovo Yoga-Book Android-tablet with the pen on the drawingbord of the tablet.
On my Huawei-Android-tablet with the pen on the screen.
Regards
Rainer

Yves Rizoud

Nov 30, 2021, 4:21:04 AM11/30/21
to grafx2
The main stylus point acts as a Left Mouse Button click, for drawing as well as in menus.
Since Grafx2 uses lots of Right Mouse Button clicks, you may want to set up Grafx2 so that holding ALT key makes the stylus do "right clicks" instead.
It's in the Options, in the category INPUT : Swap buttons, click it until it shows ALT.

This option was created with stylus usage in mind.

--

---

Rainer Hoefs

Dec 1, 2021, 4:17:30 AM12/1/21
to GrafX2
Hi,
normaly all these pens have a sideswitch. Some have a switch with one , some with two contacts, bottom and top of the switch.
These switches can be set up in the driver of the tablet, i.e. as leftdoubleclick or rightclick. So normally you dont need the help of a key to use a pen.
Rainer

Yves Rizoud

Dec 1, 2021, 6:48:41 AM12/1/21
to grafx2
Yes it's not mandatory, but this sideswitch rests under your thumb, and you squeeze stronger in order to trigger the 'click'. I find it inaccurate for actual drawing because it makes me slightly move the pen point itself (both on press and on release).
Also, it means that during a brush stroke, I have to hover the tablet without touching it, it feels very unnatural. Painting with BG color should not be a complete different mechanism than painting with FG color.

This is why I find the ALT modifier much more natural, and it fits well with other keyboard modifiers for your left hand :
- hold SHIFT : stylus is constrained to horizontal/vertical axis
- hold SPACE : stylus pans view instead of drawing
- hold ALT (if you enable it) : stylus performs right-click function of the current tool instead of the left-click function.

Psiweapon

Dec 1, 2021, 10:26:20 AM12/1/21
to gra...@googlegroups.com
I've been using GrafX2 with cheap wacom tablets for long.

Point click is regular left click, second click is alternate function (like the keyborard modifier, except I have it on the control key), third click is the zoom function.

My portfolio is psiweapon.jimdosite.com, just in case.

PerspexSphinx

Dec 1, 2021, 5:27:30 PM12/1/21
to GrafX2
On my Mac changing the Options (Settings), in the category INPUT : Key to swap buttons: ALT, will actually setup the command ⌘ keys to perform right mouse click, which works just as well if you are left handed.