Color Ranges in grafx2?

Brian Flanagan

May 20, 2021, 10:48:07 AM5/20/21
to gra...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to automatically create some color ranges in grafx2, by picking the starting and ending colors, and having grafx2 generate the colors in-between.  Does grafx2 have this capability?  If so, how does it work?

Thanks,

Adrien Destugues

May 20, 2021, 10:51:50 AM5/20/21
to gra...@googlegroups.com
20 mai 2021 16:46 "Brian Flanagan" <ising...@hotmail.com> a écrit:

> I'd like to automatically create some color ranges in grafx2, by picking the starting and ending
> colors, and having grafx2 generate the colors in-between. Does grafx2 have this capability? If so,
> how does it work?

Hi,

Yes!

From the palette editor:
- Set the first and last colors of your range to the colors you want. Pick two colors with some unused spaces between them (depending on how many intermediate colors you want to generate)
- Select the range of colors by holding the primary mouse button. A black marker line highlights the selected colors.
- Click the "spread" button or press E. The intermediate colors in the range are computed to do a smooth transition from the start to the end color.

You can adjust some colors manually, then select a smaller range and "spread" again to fine-tune the gradient.

--
Adrien / PulkoMandy