Is the AmigaOS 68K RTG version dead?

Luca L

Feb 7, 2022, 8:16:01 AM2/7/22
to GrafX2
Tested AmigaOS 2.5WIP under WinUAE + Picasso96 RTG and works very well... except you can't save brush/image and the double mouse pointer issue.
Honestly I'm surprised how well it works, so the question is: is AmigaOS 68K port  dead? :)

Adrien Destugues

Feb 7, 2022, 8:33:25 AM2/7/22
to gra...@googlegroups.com
Mostly. As you can see it is a version 2.5WIP which is several years old.

It should be no problem to build a newer version, but no one has done it. I don't have any Amiga hardware anymore.

--
Adrien.

Luca L

Feb 7, 2022, 11:38:38 AM2/7/22
to GrafX2
You got IRC msg ;)

mini...@free.fr

Feb 8, 2022, 4:08:06 AM2/8/22
to GrafX2
The ultimate thing to do would be to have a working cross compilation of the version, just as we already have for AtariTOS/Mint, GPX, Win32 and Nintendo Switch, so the build is automatically made available on https://grafx2.gitlab.io/grafX2/

Luca L

Feb 8, 2022, 12:20:32 PM2/8/22
to GrafX2

I'm not a programmer... but I could provide a WinUAE environment out-of-the-box ready for you (or someone who wants to try) with Amiga GCC maybe?

miniupnp

Feb 10, 2022, 5:35:19 PM2/10/22
to gra...@googlegroups.com
We are looking for a cross compiler able to run on a linux debian x64 machine, so it can be integrated in our automatic build system.

Regards,

Thomas
--

---

Art

Feb 18, 2022, 4:47:10 AM2/18/22
to GrafX2

Art

Oct 24, 2022, 7:32:11 AM10/24/22
to GrafX2
I've updated Amiga version

I have made some changes in sources which I would like to be merged in main repository.
Mostly adding `|| defined (__amigaos__)` to path handling code.

pulko...@pulkomandy.tk

Oct 24, 2022, 7:58:22 AM10/24/22
to gra...@googlegroups.com
24 octobre 2022 à 13:31 "Art" <arturj...@gmail.com> a écrit:

> I've updated Amiga version
>
> http://netsurf.baderman.net/Grafx2_2.8.lha
>
> I have made some changes in sources which I would like to be merged in main repository.
> Mostly adding `|| defined (__amigaos__)` to path handling code.
>
> 2.8src_amigaos3.zip

Thanks, I have updated the downloads page and I will look into merging the changes.

--
Adrien.

Art

Oct 24, 2022, 2:39:09 PM10/24/22