How to disable gradle task name abbreviation?

Gavriel Fleischer

Mar 8, 2018, 4:01:54 AM3/8/18
to gradle-dev
Hi,

Is there any news about this? I'm using gradle 4.4.1 and still have this problem, would be great to have a way to switch it off from the command-line.

Thanks

   Gavriel

Daniel Lacasse

Mar 8, 2018, 9:17:09 AM3/8/18
to gradle-dev
Unfortunately, no progress has been made on this issue: https://github.com/gradle/gradle/issues/1185.

I doubt we want to move forward with a switch to turn off the feature from command-line. However, I think the real issue, where Gradle doesn't detect ambiguous name in certain scenarios, is definitely something we want to fix. I think the issue is well scoped for a contribution if you want to help in creating a PR that we can review.