oauth

Rajinder Yadav

Feb 8, 2010, 3:40:10 AM2/8/10
to grac...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I just registered to get an oauth ID, I am wondering how do I get
the, token and token_secret required when creating the client object?

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav | http://DevMentor.org | Do Good! - Share Freely

devguy

Feb 8, 2010, 12:50:17 PM2/8/10
to Grackle Development
Just a follow up question, if I am creating a desktop client app on my
PC, how can I create a connecting using a PIN?

Hayes Davis

Feb 8, 2010, 1:41:08 PM2/8/10
to grac...@googlegroups.com
Rajinder,

Obtaining the OAuth tokens (in either the desktop-oriented or web-oriented flows) is outside the scope of Grackle. The best place to start is Twitter's documentation: http://apiwiki.twitter.com/OAuth-FAQ and http://apiwiki.twitter.com/OAuth-Examples. I've used the OAuth gem (http://oauth.rubyforge.org/) to help me get OAuth done. It's a dependency of Grackle so you already have it and it makes it easy to get appropriate URLs for all the various requests and callbacks needed by OAuth.

Hayes

Rajinder Yadav

Feb 8, 2010, 8:20:30 PM2/8/10
to grac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hayes,

happy to know the OAuth gem is available via grackle, I was just
browsing this last night.

Thanks for providing all the links, you are very helpful as always!

Kinds Regards,
Rajinder Yadav