Monday July 8, 7pm, Grassroots Alexandria Action meeting

Jonathan Krall

Jul 1, 2024, 10:14:06 AM (3 days ago) Jul 1
to Grassrootsalexandria, Gra Announce
Hi All,

Our July action meeting will be Monday July 8 (on the second Monday this month). All are welcome to attend.

When: Monday July 8, 7-9pm

What: This will be a joint meeting of project leaders and team members working on Education, Healthcare, Housing, Human Rights, and Transportation Equity. We will be updating each other on immediate concerns, such as local school policies, previously under-represented human rights concerns (Palestine and more), and transportation equity projects still under debate for this term. We will discuss ongoing projects: affordable housing, climate/transportation/equity, human rights, restorative practices in ACPS, and much more..

Where: A screened porch behind a private home in the Del Ray neighborhood, about 1/2 mile from the Braddock Rd Metro station. Please RSVP to jona...@jonathankrall.net for exact address

Bonus: As in past election years, any candidate that attends is invited to spend a few minutes telling us why we should vote for them. Our meetings are small, so candidates shouldn't get too excited.

At our meeting, we will check in with each other, hear from project leaders, and consider next steps.  Everyone is encouraged to attend and ask questions. People who would like to participate in the GrA Reading Group can share a thought or two about the latest reading during check-in. We are reading the 1st chapter (You Should Just Do It) of Just Action by Richard Rothstein and Leah Rothstein.

Grassroots Alexandria works in small groups focused on specific projects. We hold an action meeting (usually) on the 1st Monday each month. New volunteers are always welcome (and needed) to join us and learn about our work.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Jonathan

https://grassrootsalexandria.org/events/