May 6, 7pm, Grassroots Alexandria Action meeting

1 view

Jonathan Krall

Apr 30, 2024, 10:03:38 AMApr 30
to Grassrootsalexandria, Gra Announce
Hi All,

Our May action meeting will be Monday May 6. All are welcome to attend.

When: Monday May 6, 7-9pm

What: This will be a joint meeting of volunteers working in the
Education, Healthcare, Housing, Immigrant Communities, and
Transportation Equity issue areas. We will be updating each other on
immediate concerns, such as affordable housing, local transit projects,
and the proposed Ceasefire Now resolution. We will also discuss ongoing
projects: housing, climate/transportation, policing, restorative
practices in ACPS, and much more.

Where: A private home in the Del Ray neighborhood, about 1/2 mile from
the Braddock Rd Metro station. Please RSVP to jona...@jonathankrall.net
for exact address

Bonus: As in past election years, any candidate that attends is invited
to spend a few minutes telling us why we should vote for them. These
days, our meetings are small (so candidates shouldn't get too excited).

At our meeting, we will check in with each other, hear from project
leaders, and consider next steps. Everyone is encouraged to attend and
ask questions. Members of the GrA Reading Group can share a thought or
two about the latest reading during check-in. We are reading the next
chapter of Sister Outsider (Grenada Revisited: An Interim Report), by
Audre Lorde.

Grassroots Alexandria works in small groups focused on specific
projects. We hold an action meeting (usually) on the 1st Monday each
month. New volunteers are always welcome (and needed) to join us and
learn about our work.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Jonathan

https://grassrootsalexandria.org/events/

Jonathan Krall

May 6, 2024, 10:56:42 AMMay 6
to Grassrootsalexandria, Gra Announce
Reminder - meeting tonight. Please reach out to get the address

Jonathan