Wednesday 4/24, 7pm, Alexandria recognizes National Arab American Heritage Month

Jonathan Krall

Apr 23, 2024, 11:32:05 AMApr 23
to Grassrootsalexandria, Gra Announce
Hi All,

Tomorrow Alexandria city council will recognize National Arab American
Heritage Month with a proclamation. The mayor approved a proclamation
for National Arab American Heritage Month (April) and it will be
presented at the beginning of the legislative meeting on Wednesday April
24th.

If you'd like to come to support the Arab American community in
Alexandria, please arrive by 6:50 pm or so. If you are a city of
Alexandria resident and identify as Arab American and can attend, please
send a note to Zeina Azzam (azzam...@gmail.com) so we can include you
in the group at the front when the proclamation is read. It would be
good for us to know which Arab countries are represented in our group,
as we'd like to mention that.

This will be a brief celebration of our Arab American heritage, one that
is recognized by the city. Arab Americans and their supporters are
welcome to attend.

Thanks!

Jonathan