Final Week of the Global Read Aloud

Pernille Ripp

Nov 6, 2015, 9:07:48 PM11/6/15
to Global Read Aloud 2015
Good evening,
Hard to believe that we are entering the final week of the GRA.  Thank you, thank you truly.  Thank you so much for the love, for the passion, for the sharing.

To finish in a festive way, the incredible Amy Krouse Rosenthal came up with a wonderful way to celebrate that I hope you all will consider taking part in.  She wrote...

Therefore, for us to celebrate the final day of the Global Read Aloud, November 13th, I invite you to participate in the Glow Ball Read Dahl Loud!

How do you participate?

GLOW = if possible, get some colorful glow sticks

BALL = get dressed up like you’re going to a fancy ball

READ = you know how to do that!

DAHL = find your favorite Roald Dahl poem

LOUD = now read it as LOUD as you can!!

So join us on November 13th as we culminate our read aloud with a massive celebration of the beauty of reading aloud.

With that, I hope you check out the contenders for next year as I start to read as much as I can http://theglobalreadaloud.com/info-for-2015/gra-contenders/2016-contenders/ .  I hope you consider declaring yourself a reading warrior and I hope this experience is what you wanted it to be.  Make sure you check out the official GRA pinterest page - https://www.pinterest.com/pernilleripp/global-read-aloud-official-board/ there are some pretty amazing news stories out there.

All my best,

Pernille

P.S: When you say “Glow Ball Read Dahl Loud” out loud, what does it sound like?  :)

P.P.S: You can listen to Amy’s favorite rendition of the song Pure Imagination here.