Update from the Global Read Aloud

Pernille Ripp

Sep 13, 2015, 4:19:58 PM9/13/15
to Global Read Aloud 2015
Good afternoon from beautiful sunny Wisconsin,
It has been a busy week at the Global Read Aloud headquarters, which is really just my house.

We kicked off the week with the major announcement about WriteAbout partnering with us and giving a free premium membership to any educator who participates in the project!  If you did not sign up for your account yet, make sure you follow these steps and also read this post  here http://theglobalreadaloud.com/2015/09/09/welcome-writeabout-to-the-global-read-aloud/

Get Started with Write About:

  1. View the Global Read Aloud page on Write About: writeabout.com/gra

  2. Register for a free Write About account as a teacher

  3. Fill out a short survey to access a GRA promo code for the free upgrade

  4. Follow the directions in the email to complete the upgrade

Then our new official merchandise was revealed. I love the new tee designs and the much better price. Plus these come in many different colors. To see the shirts go here https://shop.spreadshirt.com/pernilleripp/?noCache=true#

As of this morning around 411,857 students are signed up this year!  That is a lot of connections waiting to happen.  So if you need to get connected, read this

To join the Edmodo teacher group for your selected group, go here.

To find a connection via the Google Doc, go here.

To join the WriteAbout community. go here.

To join the Sway community, go here.

We also added a Facebook Page for the project so that you can post to the page with your questions, ideas, or inspiration, the group only allows me to post which is silly.  To join that go here

ILA (International Literacy Association) created a video celebrating the project, to see that go here (Note - you need headphones to hear the audio if you are on a device, no idea why)

And finally a favor, please post your kick off ideas and what you plan on doing in the various ways people are communicating.  There are so many newbies this year looking for inspiration and anything you can do to inspire others would be great.

Stay tuned this week for an email talking about how some of our awesome authors will be involved - I am so excited!

All my best, and thank you for your passion for this project.

Best,
Pernille